VILLAGE OF BARRYTON
GARAGE SALES, YARD SALES, RUMMAGE SALES, BASEMENT SALES ORDINANCE #24-2015
The Village of Barryton Ordains:
That is shall hereafter be unlawful to conduct a garage sale, yard sale, rummage sale, or basement sale within the Village of Barryton
Unless these terms are followed:
- The sale shall be for no more than three (3) consecutive days
- All signs advertising the sale must be removed within two (2) days after each sale
- After the sale, all items must be removed from sale site or stored in a proper way as to not be in any other violation of any ordinance i.e. blight or junk ordinance.
- There shall be a minimum four days in between consecutive garages, yard, rummage and/or basement sales.
(1) The penalty for a violation of this ordinance shall be a Village civil infraction with a fine of not less than $25 dollars and not more than $500, plus costs of not less than $9 and not more than $500. Costs may include all expenses, direct and indirect, to which the Village has been put in connection with the Village civil infraction up to the entry of judgment. The Village may seek or employ all other remedies and sanctions available under state law for municipal civil infractions.
(2) The penalty for repeat offenses of the same ordinance provision within two years of a prior offense shall be a fine of not less than $50 and not more than $1,000, plus costs and all other remedies and sanctions available under state law for municipal civil infractions.
(3) Each day a violation of this Ordinance continues to exist constitutes a separate violation.
The provisions of the Ordinance are hereby declared to be severable, and if any part is declared invalid for any reason by a Court of competent jurisdiction, it shall not affect the remainder of the Ordinance which shall continue in full force and effect.
THIS ORDINANCE SHALL TAKE EFFECT THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER PUBLICATION. ALL ORDINANCES OR PARTS OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT ARE HEREBY REPEALED.
I hereby certify to the adoption of this ordinance at the ___April 8, 2015___council meeting and cause the same to be published as required by law.
Yeas __5___ Nays _0____ Ordinance declared: Adopted
Published Date: April 17, 2015 Effective Date: May 8, 2015
__Jennifer Trelfa________ ____Deb Buehner_________________
Signed by Village Clerk: Village President: